The business plan for motorcycle shop should clearly show the type of services you will offer to the motorcycle enthusiast community. Do you offer new and used sales? Customization like upholstery or specialty paint? Repair or retrofitting for older bikes? Make it apparent to the reader what services you will and won't cover so that they know the nature of your sales. Then, look closely at the local market to demonstrate your potential for sales by servicing the people nearest to your proposed location. Census Bureau data and market intelligence reports from companies like Dun & Bradstreet, Manta, IBISWorld, and eMarketer can help pinpoint this sort of data so that you're confident in the argument you're making. The motorcycle shop's success depends on marketing and reliability and other factors external to the market, but having people to come in and spend money is the most critical element of success.
Other topics and factors well worth considering:
• - Can you outline the marketing and referral elements that will drive sales?
• - Do you have an existing relationship with any suppliers that can help your business?
• - Which motorcycle brands will you specialize in?
• - What personnel needs do you have for the shop?
• - Do you expect to employ commission-based sales people?
• - If there are, how do you account for their compensation in your projections?
• - Can you define the market need in a way that would make sense to a banker?
You of course have to meet the criteria for review that any Small Business Administration officer would lay out, but you should really go above and beyond. The best business plan will anticipate questions and provide answers in the text and model and appendices that it presents. Your pro forma should be driven by market-tied assumptions, and your data should be as recent and compelling as possible so that you have a leg up. Need someone else to step in and prepare the market analysis or the financials? MasterPlans has almost a decade of experience working with start-up and existing businesses alike and can prepare a funding-ready document for you in record time. Call 877-453-2011 today!
If you are ready to go, or not sure what kind of plan you need, fill out the form below and we'll call you.